Long time no see, uhn? I made this recipe as a little something for Valentine’s Day, and only now sharing it… That’s embarassing…
This recipe is inspires by a specific boxed cookies my parents bought a couple times, I loved them so much! So, decided to make my own.
I based my recipe on Mary Berry’s Jaffa cake recipe.
It’s quite a simple recipe, but I managed to mess some things up.
First, my muffin tin is quite huge, makes massive muffins, so, my sponge base was too big and too thick.
Secondly, I don’t think I let my chocolate cool enough. When I poured it over my gelatine, I think my gelatine started melting, giving it a weird colour and look.
However, it was still delicous. Everyone that tried them told me I could do them again!
Lesson is, not everything that tastes delicious looks great. Hope to make this again and get it right. I will share it if I do!
Thank you for reading and bye!
Strawberry Jaffa Cakes
- 3 packets strawberry gelatine prepared with instructions
- unsalted butter greasing
- 2 eggs
- 50 g sugar
- 50 g self-raising flour
- 200 g chocolate
- Pre-heat your oven to 160ºC fan or 180ºC and grease a muffin tin.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together until pale and fluffy.
- Gently fold the flour into the mixture and fill the muffin tin until you have a thin layer of batter.
- Bake until risen and the top of the sponge spring back when you press on top of it, Leave to cool completely.
- Cut discs of the strawberry gelatine using a cutter that corresponds to the diameter you wish.
- Melt the chocolate and let cool slightly.
- Stack the gelatine over the sponge and spoon the melted chocolate on top.
- Leave to set completely.