Welcome back! Hope you’ve had a great week.
Today I’m gonna share my experience with Deliciously Ella’s sweet potato brownies. Since the time I made them, she has upated the recipe, but I haven’t tried that one.
If I may go on a tangent, Ella’s recipes are so amazing and her life is so inspiring. If you ever need something to push you to go forward, check her out.
The brownies were really good, overall. I do need to tweak some things. My oven was not cooperating that day, so, they turned out a little overcooked (maybe it was already considered a little burned) and dry. Also, I need to use a smaller pan, to make them a little thicker, that would help with the dryness too.
I topped with a little powdered sugar. Served them with some fresh berries and a little dollop of homemade toffee sauce, that I keep in my fridge.
I hope you make them and that they turn out better than mine! If you actually do, please share with me by tagging @msizebite on Instagram.
Sweet Potato Brownies
- 500 g Sweet potato
- 100 g Oats
- 100 g Almonds
- 6 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 12 Dates
- 6 tbsp Honey or maple syrup, agave
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil melted
- pinch Salt
- Icing sugar q.b.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180ºC fan.
- Grease and line a square baking dish. The dish you use will depend on how thick you want your brownies.
- Peel and slice your sweet potatoes into chunks before cooking them. I boiled them, but you can also steam them until they are soft.
- Meawhile, ground your almonds in a food processor until they are really fine.
- Add your oats and process until you have a mixture resembling flour and remove from the food processor.
- In the food processor (no need to wash it), add the sweet potato chunks and the pitted dates and process.
- Add all the remaing ingredients to a bowl and mix the sweet potato + dates and stir until it’s homogenous.
- Pour the mixture in your tin and flaten.
- Cook for about 45 mins or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before removing from the dish.
- Top with icing sugar and serve with your desired fruits.